Marriage-Based Green Card Lawyer

If you’re trying to help your spouse immigrate to the U. S., a marriage-based green card lawyer could help both of you. Call us now and get the permanent resident status that you need to secure your future in the United States with your beloved.

What is a marriage-based green card?

A marriage-based green card is a legal avenue for foreign spouses of U.S. citizens or permanent residents to obtain lawful permanent residency. This process involves demonstrating the authenticity of the relationship and complying with U.S. immigration laws.

Navigating immigration law requires seasoned expertise. That’s why our dedicated team of professional marriage-based green card lawyers is committed to helping couples achieve their dream of a better life in the U. S. Call us today and secure your love’s future!

Gillman Immigration Law Firm | Icon White and Pink

Who can apply for a marriage-based green card?

To request a marriage-based green card in the U.S., you and your spouse must meet the following qualifications and requirements:

Gillman Immigration Law Firm | 1 e1692969901787

This could be an overwhelming process, and that’s why our marriage-based green card lawyers will be there to guide you to ensure a smooth path to your green card. Contact us now to start the journey toward your permanent residency in the United States.

How can I get a Marriage-Based green card?

The process to obtain a marriage-based green card could vary depending on the particularities of your case. Nevertheless, here are some general steps required for this process.

Gillman Immigration Law Firm | criteria

Step 1

Determine Eligibility

Before proceeding, ensure you qualify as the spouse of a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. This involves meeting specific relationship criteria and understanding the legal prerequisites for the process.

Gillman Immigration Law Firm | contact form

Step 2

Compile Documentation

Gather concrete evidence to substantiate the authenticity of your marital relationship. This includes marriage certificates, joint financial records, shared property, photographs together, and any other documents that demonstrate your commitment to each other.

Gillman Immigration Law Firm | entrevista

Step 3

Submit Petition and Application

File Form I-130, the Petition for Alien Relative, to establish the legitimacy of your spousal relationship. Upon approval, file Form I-485, the Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. This step signals your intent to secure permanent residency based on your marriage. In some cases, you can file both the I-130 and I-485 at the same time. This is called adjustment of status

Gillman Immigration Law Firm | datos

Step 4

Attend Interviews and Provide Biometrics

USCIS may schedule an interview to verify the validity of your marriage and evaluate your eligibility for a green card. Recently, they have been waiving interviews. Attend a biometrics appointment to provide fingerprints and other identification information for background checks.

Gillman Immigration Law Firm | pasaporte

Step 5

Obtain Permanent Residency

Upon successful completion of interviews and background checks, you’ll be issued a green card that grants you permanent resident status. This milestone signifies your lawful permanent residency in the U.S.

This is a complicated process that requires extreme attention to detail, especially in proving that the marriage is genuine. Our marriage-based green card lawyers can be your legal guide through this. Contact us today and take the first step to your future together.

What documents do I need to request a marriage-based green card?

The specific documents required to request a marriage-based green card may vary based on individual circumstances and changes in immigration policies. Nevertheless, this is the essential documentation that you must submit to USCIS:

To get a green card based on marriage is essential to present all the documentation in due time and form, especially to prove that your union is genuine. One of our experienced marriage-based green card lawyers can help you gather and present the right documents to support your application.

Marriage-based green card lawyer: the first step to a better future with Your beloved

The process to obtain a marriage-based green card can sometimes be difficult and proving the validity and bona fides of your union can be tricky. To plan a future with the person you love, taking this process seriously must be your priority, and that’s when our marriage-based green card lawyers can take all the stress and anxiety away and handle this from start to finish.

We are here to provide the legal guidance that will help you and your partner navigate through the complex immigration system Don’t risk your future unnecessarily. Contact us today and let us help you to defend your right to share your life with your loved one.

Gillman Immigration Law Firm | 2 b marriage e1692915410527

Some common questions to get started

On average, the approval of a marriage-based green card can take 12 to 24 months. Nevertheless, delays may occur due to factors such as USCIS workload, background checks, and interview scheduling. An experienced marriage-based lawyer can help expedite the process and ensure a smoother journey to your green card. Call us at +1 (612) 453-2691 or through our WhatsApp at +1 (612) 293 - 4471.

Yes. The fees for submitting an application for a marriage-based green card can vary based on the specific forms being filed. These are:

  • Form I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative): $535
  • Form I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status): $1,140
  • Biometrics Fee (fingerprints and photo): $85 

These fees can change over time, so it's crucial to consult with an experienced marriage-based green card lawyer for the most up-to-date information regarding fees. WhatsApp us at +1 (612) 293 - 4471 or call us at +1 (612) 453-2691 and see what fees you have to pay and how to do so.

There is a lot of documentation that you can use to prove that your marriage is genuine and every marriage is different. We present each case uniquely. But some of the most common evidence presented are:


  • Joint financial records (bank accounts, tax returns).
  • Lease or mortgage agreements in both names.
  • Shared utility bills.
  • Photos of you and your spouse together over time.
  • Correspondence or communication history.

No, but, if you're seeking to acquire U.S. permanent residence through marriage when your spouse doesn't live within the U.S., it's important to understand the "domicile" criterion. Meeting the "domicile" requirement is feasible, even if your spouse resides abroad. In this scenario, you're required to prove eligibility under one of the following conditions:


  • You are an employee of an authorized organization.
  • You are temporarily residing outside the United States.
  • You have the intention to return to the United States as soon as you and your spouse are admitted to the United States.

Of course! Following the Supreme Court's Windsor v. United States ruling, the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) was deemed unconstitutional. This means that regardless of sexual orientation, marriage visa applications, including those for a green card through marriage and U.S. citizenship, will now be uniformly assessed, thanks to this decision.

Scroll to Top
This site is registered on as a development site.